Monday, December 14, 2009

In Krabi now and ready to start.

So I got to Phuket on the 10th at about 1 o'clock in the morning. My flight with jetstar was delayed by 4 hours, and as such I was very late getting to the hostel. In total I had a nine hour wait at sydney airport and I ended up buying a second small camera duty free. Which, I'm glad I did because this one I can take anywhere, and its also waterproof. So far I took it snorkelling off Phi Phi island, but unfortunately I was really sea sick, so I didn't get the chance to use it. It was probably more-so due to my hungover state, and that I had eaten so much for breakfast that I got sick in the long tail boat. They jump up and down alot as they pass over the swells and after just 20minutes of snorkelling I was really ill. They dropped
me back on longbeach, where I was sick a few more times and eventually I staggered the 45 min walk back to my hostel.


I have left Phi Phi island now and am in Krabi with a Norweigan guy who is interested in accompanying me for the first 2 days of the ride. Its not certain whether he can get hold a decent bike to rent though, so I will wait for one more day here in Krabi, and then I will get going. I had to take the bike to Phi Phi, which was probably not such a good idea because I have noticed all the steel parts are now looking rusty. The hostel owner had a bike, one of the few around not covered in rust, and advised a good spray with WD40 every couple of days will take care of it. Other than that did the usual; buckets, beach party, massage, watched a bit of thai boxing, they even let drunken tourists in the ring on Phi Phi.   



No comments:

Post a Comment