Thursday, December 31, 2009

Surat Thani to La Mae - 109 km


Firstly apologies for yesterdays outburst on Koh Pha Ngan, reading it now the post seems a little rash, but I was getting seriously annoyed with the place.

Well, my first century ride today - perhaps I was fuelled by the annoying chav's at the half moon party - who kept winding me up about the ride. I had actually met them first in Khao Sok National Park, they were getting hammered at the Reggae Bar. Then somehow I managed to bump into them again at the half moon party  - this time completely paralytic and blathering on that I would 'never get back on that bike' in their northern english accents. Though many are - not all brits abroad are bad, I had met some interesting people from Crawley in the next bungalow, and another girl from Dover after them who totally agreed with me about Pha Ngan. Thankfully today the conditions were mild (30°C), and I was feeling good so I kept piling on the km's. I could have gone further but I didn't like my chances of finding accomodation at the next place along. I reached La Mae at about 3pm, it's a smalllish town, but the people friendly; some local kids lead me on their motorbike to a beach bungalow which I would never have found without their help. Its pretty empty, save for a few strange Russian men sitting around with their Thai girlfriends. I wasn't sure if the Thai people even celebrated the calendar new year, but there is some kind of festival setting up here tonight. So happy new years all, I wont be having a big one, I'm planning another 100km to Chumphon tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment