Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pak Mong to Udomxai - 82km

I should have been in much better condition to be attempting a day like today. You leave Pak Mong and enter a 30km climb taking you to 1300m. This is followed by a 12km descent and then another 10km climb after which I was expecting some kind of reward for my efforts. There is a mixture of up and down, and the descent when you finally get it, is very unsatisfying. Although it persists for some 14km, is interspersed with huge sections of unfinished road, and small uphill sections. I had to dismount and walk some of it was that bad, and these rocky patches were found every 500m. I shouted a lot of profanties into the empty forest today, and finally rolled into Udomxai after about 6 hours of toil. Oh and I almost forgot to complain about the all night fireworks shouting extravaganza that is the lunar new year. I must be damn close to China now.



No comments:

Post a Comment