Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dadugang to Simao - 78km

Simao is described as an uninteresting little town in the Lonely Planet, but it is anything but little. The construction boom was in full swing and there were scores of imposing new buildings throughout the town. The ride was not memorable, and I have no notes from this section so I will say it was boring. I was invited to my first Chinese feast that evening however, where I swilled copious amounts of rice spirit, beer and Puer Tea. All of them tasted the same, infact really cheap chinese beer is like water, there is so little flavour. Tsingtao was nowhere to be seen, I think that beer is actually brewed under the auspices of Europeans or people who have some idea about beer. Most of what you can buy in Yunnan was really just chemical water, Kingstar, Coolbeer, Pearl River, Dali, they were all the same. There are alot of different types, the swedes had been trying a new beer each day and agreed they are all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment