Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fukuoka to Yame County - 85km

Wow. What an amazing ride. It was a very cold , bleak morning in Fukuoka, and it wasnt for 65km that I broke out of the burbs.  I decided to completely wing it as far as the route, so I was choosing quiet back roads at random from the mapple to avoid the busy highways, that are often without a safe hard shoulder. The particular route I chose was very nice, and took me on a steep climb through some beautiful coniferous forests, and later that night I camped next to a river in some tiny village. For a few hours I sought refuge in a yakitori place, and warmed up with some tea and watched a few bouts of sumo. I made use of their facilties (heated toilet seats and all) before retiring to the tent, where it rained all night, and all the next morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment