Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chainat Rest Day

This morning I was horrified to find that my front tyre was flat again, I still have no idea how it happened either. I was forced to get a tuk-tuk to the bird park, but upon arrival was disappointed to find that all the best birds were inside cages. They had gone to the trouble of enclosing an enourmous area of the park with netting, so you could walk through and photograph the birds - however none of the flagship birds (pied hornbill, macaws, parrots, vultures, flamingoes etc) were anywhere to be seen in the area. There were mainly peacocks, chooks, and a few another non descript white ones. Everything was in Thai, and nobody spoke even the slighest hint of english to I couldn't work out what was going on. Complete crock of .....

I made haste back to the hotel and commenced the task of patching all the punctured tubes. Disgusted with the ranndonneur cross, I swapped it for my spare tyre; a Continental Top Contact - handmade in Germany, close to $100 worth of tyre.  I hope it outperforms its predeccesor, or I might not make it to China. I can't be bothered going back to Bangkok now to get a Schwalbe, and conti's have a pretty good reputation so I'll get as far as I can with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment