Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Khampaeng Phet to Sukhothai - 83km

Would have thought 83km would be easy after 124, but today nearly destroyed me. I spent a bit too long around the ruins of Khampaeng Phet historical park this morning, so I didn't actually set off until after midday. I comtemplated flagging down a car at 46km feeling wrecked, but I decided this was pathetic so I forced myself to keep going despite the pain and fatigue. I didn't have the energy to take any photos, I had to focus every ounce of strength in getting to Sukhothai by nightfall. The wind was a big factor, I've read in other blogs about the wind in these parts. Apparently its even worse in the eastern parts where I'm headed.

On a positive note I found a belgian run cafe flogging leffe and hoegaarden in downtown Sukhothai - its called poo restaurant, shocking title but great beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment